For my project I wanted to focus on the abuse of antipsychotic medication by American nursing home staff. Many elders that reside in nursing homes are given antipsychotic medication that they do not need, simply because it makes them easier to handle and care for. Most of this is done without the consent or knowledge of the elder’s loved ones, which is absolutely unethical and unjust. I wanted to spread awareness of this disturbingly common issue, especially with the rapidly growing elderly population in America.
After finalizing my process book, I finally was able to print it out! To save paper and money, I decided to print booklet and saddle stitch my book instead of printing individual pages and spiral binding them like my last process book. I’m really happy with how it turned out, it’s so nice to have all of the hard work I did this semester and hold it in my hands!
This week I finished up designing my process book. (more…)
This week I continued working on my process book. (more…)
This week after deciding I was happy with my planner, I started working on my process book. (more…)
This week I went through my document and make some minor edits. (more…)
This week I decided what to do with the filler pages I had between my weekly spreads. (more…)
This week I continued working on the weekly pages in my planner. (more…)
This week I worked on a layout concept for the weekly calendar. (more…)
This week I went into InDesign and worked on the design for the monthly calendar spread. (more…)
This week I worked on mapping out which pages I want to include in my planner. I made a list of things: Yearly calendar, monthly calendar, weekly calendar, goals page, budgeting page, etc… I worked on a rough layout for the monthly pages.
Personal Project Update
This week I completed my set goal of finishing six pages for my project. I included yearly overviews with the days of each month for the years 2018 and 2019. I also included four tables to write down contacts. Next week I plan to finish six more pages.