My dollar sign was inspired by this poster I found on Pinterest that is playing with color channels, and I looked at old advertisements that used fonts playing with exaggerated forms.
I started out with drawing different dollar signs with an ink brush and I made a vector out of my scanned design. The final piece is to the right was done y putting the vector image in photoshop and changing the values of the RGB channels.
I made more progress on the Home piece, but have decided that I want to redo this piece when I learn more about proper embroidery techniques.
This week I have been adding more pages to my process book and changing the overall layout of all of my pages.
This week I have looked up Japanese stab book binding for my printed process book on Sea Lemon’s youtube channel.
Over the break I decided to develop a design for my process book. I have decided to keep the illustrated embroidery hoops and use them as cover pages for each step.
This week I took a break from everything related to my personal project and researched different storyboard artists from Pixar and Dreamworks and watched some short documentaries on the process.
I have the Home Sweet Home design transferred onto the fabric and have started out using a split stitch on the letters, and am now going over them with a satin stitch for a smoother look and more volume.